Roots Packable Down Jacket is rated
4.0 out of
Rated 4 out of
Nice and warm jacketI bought this jacket 2 months ago and I'm so happy with
I even recommend it to my cousin
Date published: 2017-12-21
Rated 3 out of
Initial Impressions = 3.5 StarsI bought this online in a pre BF deal.
I haven't had an opportunity to wear it outside yet as it just arrived, but here are my initial impressions. Hopefully, I'll be able to update this initial review as I wear the jacket.
* Very fast shipping. I received it on the 2nd day after ordering it.
* The outer material feels soft, much like that of a much more expensive make.
* The fit matched the sizing guide.
* For the Lodge Red version, the colour is darker and more subdued than the photos online.
* For the pre BF sale price and despite some areas where there was a clear cost savings in the construction, the overall jacket seems to be very good value vs high profile outdoors brands and department store in house labels.
* The zipper zips is on the wrong side for a male. The slider requires your left hand to move it up and down. This is only evident on one Lodge Red photo and hidden on all the other colour options.
* The zippers are plastic and feel a bit cheap. A cost savings move.
* There is no inside breast pocket to hold a wallet. There are two patches of material sewn inside to hold items, but I wouldn't put anything in them for fear of the items falling out or ripping the pockets.
* Sleeve cuff could have been of a better construction
Date published: 2017-11-25
Rated 5 out of
really nicei got it 1 month ago and have worn it at every chance. its great because it is so packable