1. I placed an order online. When will I receive it?
2. I purchased an item that is back ordered. When will I be charged for the item?
You will only be charged for the item when your order is packed and waiting to be delivered to you.
3. The item I want is sold out on roots.com. Who do I contact to purchase this?
If there is a specific item you are looking for, please feel free to contact your nearest Roots store
and they will be happy to confirm if the item you are seeking is still available in any of our store locations.
4. Can I return my roots.com purchase to a Roots or Roots 73 locations near me?
Purchases made from roots.com may be returned to roots.com or a Roots store in North America (as long as you have your original invoice receipt).
Roots.com purchases may not be returned to roots 73 locations or at Roots Home stores.
5. What other countries, besides Canada and the U.S., does roots.com ship to?
We currently ship to over 50 countries worldwide. For Canadian and applicable International addresses, please visit canada.roots.com
. For orders being shipped to the U.S., please visit usa.roots.com
6. I recently purchased something from roots.com. How do I track my order?
You may visit roots.com to track your order in two ways:
1. Login to your account to view your order history. When you see the order you'd like to track, click on it and follow the instructions.
2. By using the order number you received at the time you placed your order, you may use the order tracker link.
7. I see on the checkout page a place to put a promotional code. How do I get these?
Promotional codes and coupons are occasionally given out through our Roots Insider emails. You can sign-up to receive these here
. We also often have special promotions for Facebook fans
and our Twitter followers
. For more information on promotional codes, click here
8. I just placed my order but need to make a change. How can I do this?
Unfortunately orders cannot be changed or cancelled after being confirmed. Please double check your order before completing your purchase.
9. Can I cancel my order?
Orders cannot be cancelled or changed after being placed.
1. Does Roots guarantee its products?
We stand behind our Roots motto: Quality, Integrity, and Longevity. If you're in any way dissatisfied with your Roots purchase, please refer to our Exchange and Return Policy
for your options.
2. Where does Roots make its products?
All of our clothing is designed at our World Headquarters Office in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Once the item is designed we source out the best manufacturers around the world who must comply with our stringent Code of Conduct
to manufacture Roots goods to our demanding specifications. Additionally, most of our leather goods are manufactured at our state-of-the-art factory
3. Where can I order a Roots catalogue?
Currently we do not produce a merchandise catalogue for ordering. The best way to view new products we currently carry is to visit roots.com.
4. I like your Roots Home products. How can I order them?
Because of the custom nature of many of these products, we can’t offer online ordering of Home items at this time. We can, however, ship anywhere in the world; please give us a call at 1-877-92-ROOTS if you’d like to order something you saw on the site. Please visit the Home Store website
or call one of our Home locations
. For further information about Roots Home: 1-877-927-6687 or 416-927-8585 in Toronto.
1. I just bought a Roots leather bag/jacket. Are there any special care instructions that I should follow?
The care and maintenance for your leather will depend on the type of leather purchased. Please feel free to refer to our Roots Genuine Leather Care section
, contact your nearest Roots store
, or phone Customer Support at 1-888-30-ROOTS for any inquiries about the type of leather you have.
2. How often should I care for my leather?
3. What should I do if my untreated leather or suede gets wet?
First, use an absorbent cloth to blot away the excess moisture. Then, remove anything from the pockets and hang the garment on a well-padded hanger. Let it dry at room temperature. Never put your leather garments in the dryer or hang over a radiator. Once dry, brush suede items with a suede brush to raise the nap. For leather garments, use a water-based conditioning lotion and a soft cloth to revitalize the finish. If the water leaves a mark, contact Customer Support at 1-888-30-ROOTS and we will help you to find a specialist in your area to help you treat your garment.
4. Does Roots carry a warranty on its leather?
As a leather manufacturer, we stand behind our product. Roots will repair any stitching repairs free of charge for a period of one year from date of purchase. Any additional repairs will be done whenever possible for a minimum charge.
5. I've heard that Roots custom makes leather bags/jackets for their customers. How do I place a special order?
Special orders can be made by visiting your nearest Roots location
. At this time, the sales associates will assist you in selecting the bag style, type of leather, stitching and hardware preference for your custom bag. Please note that special orders are paid for in advance and take 4-6 weeks to complete. Due to the unique nature of special orders, they are final sale and there are no refunds.
6. My Roots leather item is in need of a repair. Where can I take it to be serviced? How much will it cost?
Please feel free to visit your nearest Roots store
and they will assist you with sending your leather item to our Leather Factory in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for the requested repairs.
1. Where can I find the Roots Return Policy?
2. What is Roots Price Adjustment Policy?
Where can I buy a gift card?
Visit any of our Roots or Roots 73 locations across Canada or the U.S. to purchase a gift card. Or, visit roots.com to purchase either a gift card or eCard. If shopping from your mobile device, you will only be able to purchase an eCard.
What is the difference between an eCard and a plastic Gift Card?
Roots eCards are digital gift cards that are emailed directly to the gift recipient and are only valid for use at roots.com. Plastic gift cards can be used at both roots.com and Roots store locations.
Is there a gift card purchase minimum?
Yes, there is a minimum denomination of $20.
Do I have to pay shipping for my gift card?
Yes. Regular shipping is $4.50 and express shipping is $9.99. Alternatively, you can choose to send an eCard.
I received a gift card several months ago but it says it’s only valid in-store. Why can’t I use this at roots.com?
You can! All old gift cards, regardless of purchase date, can now be redeemed online as long as they still hold a balance. Paper gift certificates can only be redeemed in-store.
How do I check the balance of my gift card? What if I have an eCard?
Please call 1-888-30-Roots to check the balance of your gift card.
My gift card doesn’t cover the entire cost of the item I want. Can I pay the rest of the amount with my credit card?
Yes! You can use a second method of payment to complete the purchase, excluding PayPal. At this time, you can only use one gift card to complete a purchase. and balances cannot be transferred from one gift card to another.
I have a Canadian eCard. Can I use this on usa.roots.com?
eCards purchased on canada.roots.com can only be used on Canadian shipments. Likewise, eCards purchased on usa.roots.com can only be used on US or International shipments. Please purchase the eCard based off the recipient’s shipping location.
I am trying to buy a gift card/eCard online, but having issues. Who can help me?
Please call Customer Support: 1-888-783-0552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I received a Roots gift card/eCard as a gift, but I don’t want it. Can I return it?
All gift cards and eCards are final sale.
What if I want to return an item purchased with a gift card?
For customers located within Canada the credit will be re-issued to you with a new plastic gift card.
If you’re an International or US customer the credit will be re-issued to you as an eCard.
Business to Business
1. I would like to have Roots products made with my company logo. How do I custom order these items?
Our Corporate Sales Department would be happy to help. They may be reached at 416-781-3574 x4327 or 1-866-297-6687 or by email at: B2Bsales@roots.com
1. I am a member of the press and would like more information about Roots. Who do I contact?
For more information, please direct your questions to Elyse Goody, Manager of PR and Giving: email@example.com
2. I would like to work for Roots. Where can I send my resume?
3. Where is Roots located?
Roots stores can be found mostly in Canada. We also have stores in the U.S., Hong Kong, Shanghai and Taiwan. To find the store closest to you please use our Store Locator
Our World Headquarters is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
1400 Castlefield Ave.