Terms & Conditions
- Contact Us
- Store Locator
- Shipping & Handling
- International Orders
- Pick up In Store
- Email Sign-Up
- Student Discount
- We're Here For You
- Payment Options
- Sales Tax & Pricing Policy
- Tracking Your Order
- Exchange & Return Policy
- Product Recall
- Sizing Chart
- Measuring Tips
- Care Instructions
- Leather Care 101
- Leather Warranty
- Roots Leather Care Products
- Product Ratings & Reviews
Roots International Sweatpants Day Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. SPONSOR: The Roots International Sweatpants Day Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Roots Corporation, 1400 Castlefield Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M6B 4C4 (“Sponsor”). Not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with TikTok, Facebook or Instagram.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, and United States residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C. who are at least 13 years of age at the time of entry. In the case of individuals who are less than the age of majority in their province, territory or state of residence, if they win this Contest, such individual’s parent or legal guardian must consent to these rules and their child’s entry in the Contest by completing, signing and returning Sponsor’s Winner Release (as described herein). Employees of the Sponsor, its representatives or mandataries, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotional agencies, Contest administrators, members of the jury, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are ineligible to enter this Contest or win the prize. For purposes of the Contest, "immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. By participating in this Contest, entrants, or their parent or legal guardian, as applicable, acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants, or their parent or legal guardian, as applicable, who do not comply with any of these Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Contest begins on January 24, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. EST and ends on February 7, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST (“Contest Period”).
This Contest provides eligible entrants with the opportunity to upload an original video of themselves showing what they can accomplish in their Roots sweatpants or, alternatively, email-in artwork (e.g., drawing, animation, graphic) depicting how they would style their Roots sweatpants, as more fully set forth below (each, a “Submission”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants can enter this Contest as follows:
Facebook Entry. You may enter the Contest via Facebook by going to www.Facebook.com/roots (the “Facebook Page”), locate and “Like” the Contest post and post your Submission in the form of a comment or post directly on the Facebook Page along with the #InternationalSweatpantsDay and #Contest (the “Required Hashtags”).
Instagram/TikTok Entry. To enter via Twitter or TikTok (each, a “Social Platform” and collectively, the “Social Platforms”), follow @Roots on the Social Platform post your Submission on the Social Platform along with the Required Hashtags and @Roots (the “Tag”). All Videos must be posted to a non-private social media account and must include the Required Hashtags and Tag to be eligible as an entry into the Contest. You will receive one (1) entry per Submission posted to a Social Platform.
No Purchase Required Alternative Means of Entry. To enter without purchasing a Roots product, e-mail-in your Submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org, including the hashtag #InternationalSweatpantsDay and Roots International Sweatpants Day Contest in the subject line of your email, which must be received by the Sponsor before 11:59 p.m. EST on February 7, 2021.
All Submissions must be posted/received by 11:59 p.m. EST on February 7, 2021. You may enter multiple times, however each Submission posted must be unique from your other Submissions. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant that submits the same, or a highly similar, Submission more than once.
All Submissions are subject to the following rules:
- Submissions must be responsive to the call-to-action, the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
- Entrants grant the Sponsor an exclusive and irrevocable license to use their Submission for the administration of this Contest and in any advertising, marketing or publicity, without notice or compensation, as may be edited, modified or translated in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All entrants also waive any moral rights they may have or claim in relation to their Submission.
- If a Submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant (other than those belonging to Sponsor), and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties (other than those belonging to Sponsor), the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Submission, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Submission by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render entry null and void.
- The Sponsor may determine, in its sole discretion, whether or not to accept any Submission and whether it will use any Submission for any purpose, including for participation in this Contest or in any marketing or publicity.
- Submissions cannot include any of the following, all of which shall be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion:
- Sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or describe any dangerous activity.
- Promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that are unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message.
- Obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group.
- Defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about the Sponsor or their products or other people, products or companies.
- Contain trademarks, logos or intellectual property or content owned by 3rd parties or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind.
- Contain copyrighted materials owned by third parties.
- Refer to the name of any person without permission from that person for you and the Sponsor to reproduce it.
- Reproduce, whether by video, photograph or any other means, the image of any person without permission for you and the Sponsor to reproduce it.
- Communicate messages inconsistent with the purpose of this Contest.
For entrants on TikTok, Facebook and Instagram all entries must be posted manually. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will result in disqualification. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize.
All entrants understand and agree that they are entering and participating in this Contest, including their posted Submission, at their sole risk. Sponsor is not responsible for any claims arising from any entry, post, Submission, comment or other participation in this Contest, including, but not limited to, claims for intellectual property infringement and privacy rights violations, defamation or any violation of any social media site’s terms and conditions.
In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, in its sole discretion, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. The Sponsor shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Proof of posting/submitting a Submission is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such entry.
Entries that are incomplete or generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules will be void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same TikTok, Instagram or Facebook account for entry or participation in this Contest.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The entrant with the most creative Submission, as determined, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, will be selected as a potential prize winner by the Sponsor on February 8, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. EST at 1400 Castlefield Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M6B 4C4. The potential prize winner will be notified by direct message via the Social Platform, a comment on the potential winner’s Submission post or by e-mail in the case of email entries. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within eight (8) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate potential winner (and subsequent alternative potential winners if required) with the next most creative entry, as determined by the Sponsor, will be selected. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not
complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected. Winner is responsible for all federal, state, provincial, or local taxes, as applicable.
6. CONTEST PRIZE: There is one (1) prize available to be won consisting of one (1) $1,500 Roots gift card. The prize must be accepted as awarded. Neither the prize, nor any portion thereof, can be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received before the end of the Contest Period and your skill creating a Submission.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner (and the winner’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf if less than the age of majority in his/her province, territory or state of residence) shall be required to sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release (the “Winner Release”), releasing the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Social Platforms, Facebook, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the prize as awarded; and indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur in connection with any claim or demand by any third party, including any third party referred to or depicted in any entry, or as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Contest entry by the Sponsors.
Entrants disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant’s participation in the Contest or that could prevent the selection of the winner; malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; and any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or other, and by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS:
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in this Contest, entrants (and any entrant’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf should such entrant be less than the age of majority in his/her province, territory or state of residence) consent to the use of their name, address, e-mail address, postal code, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means and biographical information and Submission, all as may be edited, translated or modified in any way by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, the Sponsor will (if possible) select another winner(s) in a random drawing from all eligible entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination of this Contest. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
Acceptance of the prize: The prize must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person or exchanged for another prize or for cash, other than as provided by these Contest Rules.
© Roots Corporation 2020. All Rights Reserved.