- Contact Us
- Store Locator
- Shipping & Handling
- International Orders
- Pick up In Store
- Email Sign-Up
- Student Discount
- We're Here For You
- Payment Options
- Sales Tax & Pricing Policy
- Tracking Your Order
- Exchange & Return Policy
- Product Recall
- Sizing Chart
- Measuring Tips
- Care Instructions
- Leather Care 101
- Leather Warranty
- Roots Leather Care Products
- Product Ratings & Reviews
Methods of Payment
At roots.com Canada we currently accept the following payment methods:
- American Express
- Roots Gift Card (you can use up to five gift cards to complete a purchase.)
- Happy Cards
At this time, we are unable to accept the following as forms of payment: store credit notes and personal cheques.
Your credit card will not be charged until your order is SHIPPED.
Click on the shopping bag link on the top right of the screen when you are ready to check out and place your order. Our system will check the availability of all of the items listed in your shopping bag and show if the item is in stock or back ordered. You may modify your order on this screen. Once you have confirmed the items, you must verify your address and credit card information and press "Checkout."
For added security we have added CVV2 number entry field in addition to your credit card number. These 3 or 4 digits can be found on the back of your card (MasterCard and Visa) or the front of the card (American Express). Your order will not be submitted until you press the "Final Checkout" button.
If we are unable to process your credit card, please check to ensure you entered the correct card number and expiration date, and that the billing name and address you entered matches your credit card statement exactly. Please refer to your credit card company if the problem persists
Happy Cards are a type of prepaid card with multiple categories. These prepaid cards give customers more choice and flexibility with no fee.
Roots has partnered with Happy Cards, and is featured on the Happy Student and Happy Her prepaid cards. These prepaid cards are redeemable at all Roots locations in Canada and the US and online at roots.com.
For More Information
How to Use Online and Check the Balance
To make an online purchase:
- Select CREDIT as the payment method.
- Enter the 16-Digit Card number located on the back of the Happy Card in the credit card field. Do not enter the 16-Digit Card number into the gift card field.
- If prompted for a billing address, enter your shipping address.
- If the purchase is larger than the balance on your Happy Card, you will need to use a Gift Card or eGift Card to pay the remaining balance. You can then use the Happy Card in the Credit Card section of payment method and a Gift Card in the Gift Card section of payment method.
- The Card is redeemable only at the merchants whose logos appear on the front of the Card.
- There are no fees.
- To check the balance call 1 866-907-0850
- The funds on these gift cards do not expire, but if the valid thru date on the gift card has passed, call 866-907-0850 for a replacement card mailed at no cost.
- Happy Cards cannot be reloaded.
- These cards cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Treat them as you would cash.
- For any refunds processed for purchases made with a happy card, funds will be returned to that card.